Call for Submissions
The main author of the Abstract must register as a Delegate for the Congress. Please note that in the event that the Abstract is not accepted, registration for the Congress will be maintained and there will be no refund of the registration fees.
Thank you for your overwhelming support and submissions. The Call for Abstracts is now CLOSED.
The organising committee cordially invites all healthcare professionals, researchers and students* to submit abstracts for the following categories:
1. Basic Science & Translational Research
This includes research in the areas of science considered fundamental to the study and practice of medicine (e.g. anatomy, physiology, pathology, epidemiology, biochemistry, etc.), as well as translational research, which aims to facilitate the application of basic scientific discoveries in clinical and community settings.
2. Clinical Research
Clinical Research – Senior (>35 years old as of 1 Jan 2018) (ie. Main author's birthday falls on or before 1 Jan 1982)
Clinical Research – Junior (≤ 35 years old as of 1 Jan 2018) (ie. Main author's birthday falls on or after 2 Jan 1982)
This includes research conducted with human subjects (or on material of human origin such as tissues, specimens and cognitive phenomena) for which an investigator (or a colleague) directly interacts with human subjects.
3. Education Research
This includes research that examines education and learning processes and the human attributes, interactions, organisations, and institutions that shape educational outcomes. It explains how learning takes place throughout a person's life and how formal and informal contexts of education affect all forms of learning. Education research embraces the full spectrum of rigorous methods appropriate to the questions being asked and also drives the development of new tools and methods.
4. Health Services & Systems Research
This includes research that examines the organisation, financing, and delivery of public health services within communities and the impact of those services. It would include the ability to prioritise health challenges, select the best approaches to solve a problem, adapt them to local contexts and test these in real-world conditions, and deciding upon wider implementation decisions.
*Students affiliated with SingHealth institutions (e.g.medical students form Duke-NUS, NUS YLLSoM, LKCMedicine and nursing or allied health students from polytechnics) are encouraged to submit abstract in any of the above categories.
The Committee will review all abstracts and determine if shortlisted abstracts are for oral presentation or poster judging.
1. Best Oral Presentation and Poster Awards for each category
2. SingHealth Duke-NUS Young Scientist Award
3. Special awards for categories of Nursing, Allied Health Professional and Student
Key Dates for Abstract Submission
10 January 2018
Abstract Submission Open
6 July 2018
Abstract Submission Close
Early September 2018
Notification to Authors of Shortlisted Abstracts
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
1. Abstracts must be submitted in English.
2. Abstracts' title should be concise and indicative of the content of the abstract.
3. Details of authors should be given in accordance to descending order of contribution (from most to least).
4. The presenting author must be indicated in the abstract submission form.
5. Abstracts should be submitted before the submission deadline: 6 July 2018.
6. Fill in the appropriate sections (Aims, Methodology, Results and Conclusion) of the abstract and structure the text using the following headings:
a. State Aim(s) of study
b. State Method(s) and subject used, as relevant
c. Summarise Result(s) obtained
d. State Conclusion(s) reached
* It is not satisfactory to state, "The result will be discussed."
7. Abstracts should not exceed
8. The use of standard abbreviations is acceptable. Place special or unusual abbreviations in brackets after the full word the first time it appears. Use numerals to indicate numbers, except to begin sentences.
9. The use of tables, graphs and other types of images in abstracts is not permitted.
10. Abstracts will be reproduced exactly as submitted.
11. Abstracts not adhering to the above will not be considered.
12. The main author of the Abstract must register as a Delegate for the Congress. Please note that in the event that the Abstract is not shortlisted, registration for the Congress will be maintained and there will be no refund of the registration fees.