Optimising Learning with Task Trainers (OLTT)
Teaching and learning of procedures and/ or surgical operations involves development of knowledge, psychomotor and cognitive skills. Simulation improves patient safety as it allows learning and practice away from the patient, so task trainers are often used to aid skills development. Task trainers may be used to teach basic skills (e.g. suturing sets, intubation models, catheter insertion models) or more advanced surgical skills (e.g. laparoscopic box trainers, computerised endoscopy units, animal and/or cadaveric models). Optimal use of task trainers in skills development involves using effective teaching methods in a well-designed curriculum that is integrated with the overall curriculum for the learners.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Discuss benefits of using task trainers in skills development
• Discuss limitations of using task trainers in skills development
• Describe models of skills development and training
• Describe the role of feedback in task trainer-based skills development
• Design a learning plan that uses a task trainer to support the development of a skill
Who Should Attend
• Faculty who are responsible for creating programs for development of procedural or surgical skills in their learners.
• All faculty who teach procedural and/or surgical skills using task trainers.
[Pre-Congress Workshop] Thursday, 20 September 2018
Registration closing date: TBA
8:30am – 3:00pm
Course Fees (GST Inclusive):
$267.50 (After Subsidy from Surgery ACP)
Please click here for Course Brochure
20 College Road
SingHealth PECT Faculty will be funded by the PECT Faculty Development Fund respectively.
• For Medical PECT Faculty, please indicate your interest through your respective ACPs.
• For SingHealth Nursing PECT Faculty, please indicate your interest through firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For SingHealth Allied Health PECT Faculty, please indicate your interest through email@example.com.
• For all others, please email the registration form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Name indicated above will be reflected in the certificate upon course completion)
Department/Designation/Residency Year(if applicable):
MCR No/Identification No:
Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before registering. By registering, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms & Conditions set out below:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any cancellation or replacement must be conveyed to the Organiser in writing. 50% of the fee will be levied as cancellation charges if the cancellation is made before the closing date. There will be no refund if the cancellation is made thereafter.
The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the workshop and fully refund the participants should unforeseen circumstances necessitate it.
In line with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), please note that we have updated our SingHealth Data Protection Policy, a copy of which is available at http://www.singhealth.com.sg/pdpa. Hard copies are also available on request.