About SingHealth Duke-NUS
Institute of Medical Simulation (SIMS)
The SingHealth Duke-NUS Institute of Medical Simulation (SIMS) is one of Singapore's largest simulation facilities with a comprehensive range of simulation modalities, cutting-edge technology, and training programmes.
SIMS is committed to delivering quality simulation training by providing a safe and supervised environment for healthcare professionals to sharpen their clinical skills towards mastery. With a rich legacy in clinical education, SIMS aims to be the leading global institution in medical simulation, pushing frontiers in patient safety.
The SingHealth Duke-NUS Institute of Medical Simulation (SIMS) aims to be an international leader in the delivery of comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, multi-modality and interprofessional simulation-based training and research.
1. To develop quality and standards for simulation-based training, with a focus on patient-centred environments
2. To provide a safe environment for trainees to hone their skills, with a view to enhance patient safety and ethical practice
3. To provide the tools to nurture and serve professional learners at all levels effectively
4. To provide support for individuals and teams training from basic to highly complex and
5. To innovate and explore new frontiers in simulation based education and research
6. To form partnerships and collaborations in line with meeting our vision
• Strive for Excellence
• Mutual Respect and Teamwork
• Service through Learning to Promote a Culture of Safety