Learn from Distinguished CS Faculty
SingHealth has dedicated and renowned faculty from various expertise who will be mentoring and grooming the next generation of clinician scientists. CS Residents will be matched to a research mentor who will provide individualized guidance and mentorship throughout their entire clinical research training period.
Learning Opportunities and Research Support
SingHealth also emphasises on the learning opportunities and promotes research skill development among CS Residents by providing curriculum funding for research-related courses. In addition, CS Residents can apply for NUS e-library access through their respective Academic Clinical Programmes (ACPs) to facilitate their research.
Protected Time for Research
All CS Residents have an additional year of Residency. During the research year, 80% of Residents’ work time is protected for research activities, and the remaining 20% for clinical work. Residents will also be allowed to extend beyond the 80% cap with the approval of their Programme Director (PD) and research mentor.
Resources and Funding Support
Residents can apply for research grants such as the SingHealth Foundation Research Grants. In addition to grants, CS Residents are eligible to apply for a one-time NMRC Seed Funding of up to $50,000 for a pilot project. SingHealth also emphasises on the learning opportunities and promotes research skill development among CS Residents by providing curriculum funding for research-related courses. In addition, CS Residents can apply for NUS e-library access through their respective Academic Clinical Programmes (ACPs) to facilitate their research.
Achieving CS Milestones
Residents will need to achieve the following:
a) at least the Master of Clinical Investigation (MCI) or equivalent, and
b) at least a first-author publication in a reputable peer-reviewed journal
For specialty specific requirements, Residents should discuss with their PD and research mentor.
The MCI is a two-year part-time programme. Residents can embark on the MCI at any Residency year as long as the Residency training requirements are also met. Residents have to obtain the PD’s endorsement as well as the Residency Advisory Committee’s (RAC’s) approval submitted together with the applications.
Residents who have already obtained research qualifications (e.g. PhD) may be exempted from MCI but will need to seek prior clearance and approval from the SAB Research Committee.
Your Career Prospects & Development
CS Residents can look forward to furthering your research career in areas such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, infectious diseases, neurological and sense disorders. Residents can expect to take their professional development to the next level and progress along the academic and clinical ranks within their respective Academic Clinical Programmes (ACP).
Subcribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...