Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS)
This two-day intensive course on the Fundamentals of Critical Care taught by experts in the field will provide participants with current information and hands-on practice to address the fundamental management principles for the first 24 hours of critical care.
FCCS is an internationally recognized course providing basic critical care information to the non-critical care specialist. FCCS was developed under the auspices of the Society of Critical Care Medicine, USA and locally administered by the Society of Intensive Care Medicine (Singapore) and SIMS.
The two-day course consists of lectures plus interactive skills stations and pre & post assessment tests. Individuals who successfully complete the provider course will be certified by the Society of Critical Care Medicine, USA.
- To better prepare the non-intensivist for the first 24 hours of management of the critically ill patient until transfer or appropriate critical care consultation can be arranged.
- To assist the non-intensivist in dealing with sudden deterioration of the critically ill patient.
- To prepare staff for ICU coverage.
- To prepare nurses and other critical care practitioners to deal with acute deterioration in the critically ill patient
- To prioritise assessment needs for the critically ill patients
- Identify appropriate diagnostic tests for the critically ill patient
- Identify and respond to significant changes in the unstable patient
- Be able to recognise and initiate management of acute life threatening conditions
- Determine the need for expert consultation and / or patient transfer and prepare the practitioner for optimally accomplishing transfer
SICM & SIMS would like to express its heartfelt appreciation to Covidien Private Limited in making this course successful.
27 - 28 Jan 2018 (Sat - Sun)
24 - 25 Mar 2018 (Sat - Sun)
05 - 06 May 2018 (Sat - Sun)
13 - 14 Jul 2018 (Fri - Sat)
15 - 16 Sep 2018 (Sat - Sun)
09 - 10 Nov 2018 (Fri - Sat)
Payment details will be advised upon successful registration.
To be advised upon successful registration.
To register, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org -
(Name indicated above will be reflected in the certificate upon course completion)
MCR No/ Identification No:
Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before registering. By registering, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms & Conditions set out below:
Cancellations and Postponement – must be advised in writing or via email
|Informed SIMS:||Amount refundable:||i.e. Course on 10 & 11 Nov 2017|
|More than 2 months||Full refund||Informed on or before 09 Sep 2017|
|More than 1 month & less than 2 months||50% refund||Informed between 10 Sep to 09 Oct 2017|
|Less than 1 month||No refund||Informed after 09 Oct 2017|
Replacement of eligible participants is allowed.
Participants who are late for more than 1.5 hour from the stated start time will not be able to join the course and deemed as absent. Course fees will not be refunded.
SIMS reserves the right to cancel the course and fully refund the participants should unforeseen circumstances necessitate it.
SIMS is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and security of personal information provided by you to us. The personal information you provide in this form will be used by SIMS to:
Process your registration form, which may include updating your record, profile information and issuing of certificate.
Contact you in the event of cancellation or any further clarification relating to the course registration.
Participants' Responsibility to SIMS
Participants cannot successfully complete the course unless they attend all the lectures and skills practice.
Participants who are late for more than 1.5 hours from the stated start time will not be able to join the course and deemed as absent. Course fees will not be refunded.
SIMS will not be liable for loss of personal property.
In line with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), please note that we have updated our SingHealth Data Protection Policy, a copy of which is available at http://www.singhealth.com.sg/pdpa. Hard copies are also available on request.