FACT Workshop (Fundamentals of Airway and Central Line Insertion Techniques)
- Incorporated into NAPS (National Airway Programme of Singapore)
The FACT (Fundamentals of Airway and Central Line Insertion Techniques) workshop is organised and run by the Department of Anaesthesiology in SGH to teach core and advanced airway skills as well as haemodynamic monitoring and invasive lines insertion.
The airway section of the course is designed to teach core airway skills and ensure plenty of hands on practice in using all the various airway equipment for elective and emergency airway cases.
The haemodynamic session reviews cardiac output monitoring and involves hands on practice in central line setting, arterial line insertion as well as chest tube insertion.
Participants get to spend a day with experienced anaesthesiologist from the department, who will share his experience through hands-on guidance and tips at the clinical skills station.
The knowledge and skills learnt from this course will form a firm foundation in fundamental handling of the upper airway as well as haemodynamic monitoring and invasive line insertion.
- To provide participants with the best knowledge and solid technical skills for effectively managing anticipated and unanticipated difficult Airway.
- To develop skills for alternative ventilation strategies using supraglottic airway devices.
- To allow Hands-on practice using various modes of video Laryngoscopy for intubation.
- To learn how to intubate using fiber-optic bronchoscope (FOB) via supraglottic airway devices (SGA).
- To learn how to perform a Cricothyrodotomy for rescue ventilation.
- To get plenty of hands on practice with the FOB using manikins as well as simulators.
The one-day FACT course is a total hands-on course conducted in two sessions: AM session and PM session
- The AM session is the Airway part of the course which aims to equip participants with the theoretical and practical knowledge of how to assess and handle the upper airway.
- The PM session is the haemodynamic part of the Course which teaches Cardiac output monitoring, Central venous line insertion and arterial line insertion using landmark technique as well as ultrasound technique.
Upon completion of this fully hands-on course, participants will be more confident and better equipped in handling the airway, invasive lines insertion and haemodynamic monitoring.
The course provides maximum hands on teaching of essential techniques in handling basic as well as advanced upper airway issues and haemodynamic monitoring and invasive line insertion and so is designated for :
- All Anaesthesia residents (Mandatory Programme)
- Doctors in all fields including Energency Medicine, General Surgery, ENT, Intensive Care as well as Internal medicine.
Saturday, 25 August 2018
Registration closing date: 31 June 2018 [Early Bird Rates]
8:30am – 3:30pm
Course Fees (Subjected to GST)
S$ 400 (Full day Session)
Payment details will be advised upon successful registration.
20 College Road
To register, please email the following information to email@example.com
(Name indicated above will be reflected in the certificate upon course completion)
Department/Designation/Residency Year(if applicable):
MCR No/Identification No:
Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before registering. By registering, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms & Conditions set out below:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any cancellation or replacement must be conveyed to the Organiser in writing. 50% of the fee will be levied as cancellation charges if the cancellation is made before the closing date. There will be no refund if the cancellation is made thereafter.
The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the workshop and fully refund the participants should unforeseen circumstances necessitate it.
In line with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), please note that we have updated our SingHealth Data Protection Policy, a copy of which is available at http://www.singhealth.com.sg/pdpa. Hard copies are also available on request.