Message from the Chair
Ms Ng Gaik Nai
Chair, College of Clinical Nursing
Deputy Group Chief Nurse
KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Nursing has a rich history in Singapore; with the launch of the College of Clinical Nursing, we look forward to leading change and shaping the future of nursing in locally, regionally and globally.
We strongly believe in nurturing multi-skilled, well-trained nurses at all levels of nursing to strengthen our service-oriented and patient-centric environment. The vision of the College is to train and groom nurses to be competent and caring healthcare practitioners, inquisitive researchers, and passionate educators. Through partnerships with local, regional and global healthcare organisations, CCN is able to offer professional development and nursing education at the right time and place to the right people.
The College of Clinical Nursing will build on the foundation for nursing excellence, provide lifelong learning opportunities and empower nurses with advanced clinical knowledge and expertise to improve patient health.
Roles and responsibilities of the College of Clinical Nursing:
- To shape, develop and drive strategies to support the work of the College of Clinical Nursing in clinical education and training of undergraduate and postgraduate nursing students, and continuing education of practitioners.
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment for students to hone their skills and grow into excellent practitioners.
- To consolidate and provide tools and resources to enable an effective teaching/learning environment and innovative curriculum.
- To develop Faculty to enhance quality of education through best practices.
- To develop leadership through certification and accreditation of educational programs.
- To build on existing relationships and form new partnerships in clinical education, in line with SingHealth Academy's vision and mission.