The College currently facilitates the following residency programmes:
- Residency Training Programme (Basic)
- Senior Residency Programme (Advanced)
Residency Training Programme (Basic)
The Residency Training Programme is a 3-year full time course leading to the Master in Dental Surgery (MDS) awarded by National University of Singapore (NUS). The programme consists of didactic, clinical and research components. Residents will be given the opportunity to manage patients of varying degrees of complexity within a multi-disciplinary framework.
The programme is conducted conjointly between National Dental Centre Singapore and National University of Singapore (NUS) Division of Graduate Dental Studies (DGDS).
Training programmes are available in:
Upon successful completion, residents will be awarded with the Masters in Dental Surgery degree by NUS.
- Holder of basic dental degree (Bachelor of Dental Surgery or equivalent);
- At least two years full-time clinical experience in general dentistry after graduation (excluding internship);
- Applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not English must complete the TOEFL or IELTS. The minimum acceptable scores are: TOEFL – 580 (computer based score of 237 & above) or IELTS – 7.
More information on admission procedures can be found here.
Senior Residency Programme (Advanced)
The Senior Residency Programme (SERP) aims to develop well-rounded dental specialists – clinicians who are both competent and skilled in their chosen specialty, and are able to contribute meaningfully to the dental profession wherever they practice.
The training programme provides mentorship and guidance to Senior Residents in their preparation for the exit assessment onto the Ministry of Health's Specialist Register (MOH DSR).
Senior Residents will be able to approach the identified Senior Specialists in each specialty to discuss and review their progression. They will also have opportunities to attend and participate in various continuing education talks/lectures, case seminars and interdisciplinary case conferences.
For enquiries, please contact the College at email@example.com.